Thursday, November 06, 2008

Karma Karamel

A bicyclist flies by in front of me today, tossing a Milky Way candy wrapper on the ground. I'm a little miffed by this. Someone once told me littering is bad, and I now believe it myself. My irritation did not last long, as the wind picked up and the bicyclist's hat blew off and onto the rain-soaked ground. It blew up to me, presenting me with choices:
a) pick up the hat and walk it to him as he circles back for it
b) let it go, laughing at the quick karmic payback
c) accidentally step on it repeatedly
d) cockpunch the bicyclist for littering, ignoring the hat incident
e) option (b) above, and write about it

Obviously, I chose (e), but wish I had chose (c).

The speed of payback reminded me of a time at a local bar years ago. A buddy of mine was making good time with a new acquaintance near the bathrooms. They were in plain sight of our table, so this amused us. Another buddy, we'll call him Rodrigo, decided to make a smart comment to them as he passed on his way into the bathroom. So, we watch as he leans in and needles them for promiscuous PDA and watch him walk directly into the women's room. 1/2 a second later he bolts out and into the men's room. One or more of us might have laughed so hard we had to go to the men's room.

No comments: